"Thank you to all who ran our race! Scroll Down for RESULTS. Cold related power equipment failures and human frailty combined to produce an error in the original announced results. These updated results correct that error. We apologize for those who should have been recognized and will provide the proper top ten with awards in short order. A special congratulatory shout out to Danelle Villers and Melinda Cox who were the best predictors missing their times by just one second. And welcome to all new members of Summit Athletic Running Club!"
The Frostbite Prediction 5k is a race for Summit Athletic Running Club Members. Choose the registration category that applies to you, either a Current Member or you can become a New Member or Renew your membership by running this time prediction race.
This year's winter wear giveaway for our first 200 registrants is a fabulous pair of Arm Warmers complete with the Frostbite logo! Two sizes are availble to choose from, and supplies are limited so sign up early to get your choice.
Early Packet Pick Up: Day before Race - Friday, February 3, 3-7 P.M. at
Ritchies Sporting Goods 137 South Avenue Tallmadge, OH 44278
Race Location : Munroe Falls Metro Park • 512 South River Road Munroe Falls, OH 44262
Race Day Packet Pick Up - February 4, 2017: 8:00-8:45 A.M.
Pick up only, NO DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION.
This is a time prediction 5k run, anybody fast or slow can win by being the closest to finish to their predicted time. So.....
In the spirit of the event please note: NO TIMING DEVICES ALLOWED DURING THE RACE, INCLUDING WATCHES, GPS UNITS AND HEART MONITORS, HEADPHONES, HEADSETS, OR EAR BUDS. Please do not ask for an exception to these restrictions, it causes the race directors great distress!
This race was originally a Club Members event. Falling back on that tradition, we have special pricing for club members. Current club members pay just $10! For those who are not yet members, the price is $35 which includes 1 year individual club membership. Register early to be sure to get your official Frostbite Arm Warmers.
For those becoming SARC members through this race, the benefits of membership include discounts on race entry fees at most Club races, discounts at local sporting goods store like Ritchies Sporting Goods and Vertical runner, social opportunities with other runners and their families at monthly club meetings and events, all serving food, and volunteer opportunities to help support the running community while earning points toward merchandise awards.
Will be presented as soon as all runners have finished. Remember the last person to finish may be the best predictor!
Awards to the runner closest to his/her predicted time; not always to the fastest overall runners. Awards will go as deep as the prize pile. Great Prizes!
NOTE: In the event of a snow emergency or dangerous weather conditions, the race will be canceled and then run the next Saturday (February 11, 2017). Please check www.summitathletic.com for any last minute race information.
Event details and schedule
The course map below shows one lap of the race. Two laps must be completed on the park road that circles the lake plus the service road spur before pulling off into the parking lot where the finish line is.
Frostbite Prediction 5K Run Participants,
Will you survive the Frostbite run this Saturday? We are betting that you do and that you will have fun as well. Some final notes:
- The race is Saturday, February 4, 2017 at Munroe Falls Metro Park.
- The start time is 9 A.M. sharp.
- The course is a double loop and is all on roads.
- The race and every other aspect of this event are outdoors. Dress warmly.
- The winner is the person who runs nearest to their predicted time. No watches or other timing devices are allowed during the race.
- There will be great food and refreshments at the Main Beach Shelter after the race.
- The top 10 people nearest to their predicted time get awards. There is also a fabulous prize pile. Most, if not all, participants will get a prize.
- There will be a packet pickup at Ritchie’s Sporting Good this Friday from 3 to 7 P.M. There is also packet pickup at the Park on race day from 8:00 to 8:45 A.M.
- Since this race is held in February there is always a possibility that the race could be cancelled due to weather. So please check the Summit Athletic Running Club (www.summitathletic.com) the morning of the race if the weather looks particularly bad. An announcement will be made of “Go” or “No Go” by 6:30 A.M.
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Frostbite Race Directors Ryan McGuire and Terry Fox